Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Grant-E's Big Adventure

Grant was able to go on a 2 week Church History Trip with Latter Day Tours. Our house was pretty quiet without him here, but he had a great experiences and loved seeing new cities and sites. Here are a few of his pictures! Enjoy!! Sacred Grove Palmyra Temple - cool sky! John Lennon memorial Central Park Liberty Bell - through a window to avoid the line! (that is my boy) WWII memorial - every state who sent troops has a wreath Acting like a Canadian on the Maid of the Mist tour Niagara Falls - Canadian Side Ground Zero from the bus - NYC Hill Cumorah Original Book of Mormon transcript

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That original BofM transcript is cool! Does Grant have dual citizenship cuz his dad's Canadian? Does his dad have dual citizenship? I would love to go on a tour like that. The WWI memorial - every state who sent troops got a wreath - troops to WWI? Wreath for 4th of July? Does Grant's middle name start with an "E"? Really cool pictures - I like the "Imagine" one. Did he put the flowers/leaves on there like that?

Anonymous said...

I meant WWII.

LaRae said...

Love all the pictures & what an amazing opportunity to go on a trip like that. My parents went on an American/Church history trip last fall through Boston & upstate New York as well as Niagra Falls. Now that I think about it, I am pretty sure they saw that transcript from the BofM too. Their tour guide was President Hinckley's son. Did Grant do the Garth Tesch trip? I know some kids who were going to go on that this summer.

Micalanne said...

Wow! Great pictures! And what a great experience. We have been talking about doing a church history tour for years. I like the Imagine picture, too.

Janet Patrice said...

Judy - Grant's middle name is Evan. My boys do not have duel citizenship, but I have thought about it in case the draft is ever brought back. Every state that sent troops to the war has a wreath
the flowers were and always are placed on teh John Lennon memorial in Central Park - he did not put any there.

LaRae - Grant went with Ginger and Larry Ewell with LD Tours www.ldtours.com They were in our ward prior to a split and he was our Bishop at one point. They are great and amazing folks. I was a chaparone on one of their trips about 7 years ago and looked forward to my boys one day being able to go

Sorry for answering your questions so slowly....