Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Book Review - For Parent's Only (read to the end...there may be a prize!)

Shaunti Feldhahn is known for unlocking the mysteries of relationships for men and women. Now she turns to a parent’s relationship with a child, particularly a child of the opposite sex. Drawing on the results of a nationwide survey of kids and teenagers, she explores questions such as: What do moms need to understand about the “tough and tender” boy who values respect over love? What do dads need to understand about their daughter’s need for affirmation? What are the six biggest pet peeves teens have about their parents? Understanding the answers to these and other important questions can help parents make the holidays a time of celebration and unity, not strife and friction. For Parents Only offers a unique look into a child’s mind and frees readers to communicate in healthier ways as they discover that understanding their kids may not be as complicated as they think. Author Bio:
Shaunti Feldhahn is the author of For Women Only and numerous other books, with sales totaling nearly one million copies. A nationally syndicated newspaper columnist and public speaker, Feldhahn earned her master’s degree at Harvard University. She and her husband, Jeff, have two young children. Lisa A. Rice is the associate editor of Christian Living magazine, the mother of two teenage girls, and a screenwriter and producer.
I have been given 2 free copies to share with 2 parent friends. If you would like a copy, please e-mail me at tokyopatirce@hotmail.com with your address and Iwill send it out. The first 2 friends to e-mail me get the freebies!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you given your books away yet?

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet. I got the book and am looking forward to reading it. Thank you for appropriately addressing the package - ha ha - you crack me up, but truth is truth, so why hide it?

dawnae said...

hey I would love one, sounds great! (if you still have one, i know I am a little late)

dawnae said...

Hey Judy, if Janet has no more...would you mind forwarding the book to me after you have read it? Let me know what you think?

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawnae, no problem! I won't be able to get to it right away (stupid grad school), so I'll forward it now. I've glanced through it, and it looks good.

lesli said...

can you hang onto this for me in a few years? i would like to get my hands on it but think i will forget everything if i read it now. hehe