Friday, February 15, 2008

Doggie Genealogy

I'm sure some of you may have seen this past week the Beagle, Uno, who won the coveted Westminster Dog Show Best in Show prize. How could you miss it, he was barking on every channel. He is absolutely adorable!
Uno at Westminster showing his stuff!
Well, here is the really cool part!
Uno's father is named Parker. He is from a Kennel out of Ogden, Utah. In the same litter that Parker was from was a dog named Rhett (as in Butler). Rhett is the father of my dog, Gracie.
So...Gracie and Uno are cousins....on their father's side!
Gracie at home...showing her stuff under her table.
OK..so this is probably not even a blip on the radar screen of many of you, but to me...it is quite fun and exciting.
Here is the link to the kennel that Uno, Parker and Rhett are from. (You can click on Beagles and see pictures of Parker and Rhett under the 'boys' section)
Gracie is from a kennel in Panguich, UT called Red Canyon Beagles
here is there link - and they have puppies!!
Beagles are amazing family dogs and I would recomend them to anyone who wants a loyal companion with soft ears and a bark that sings at the moon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, does Gracie have a face to love, or what? So cute. Zac and I have always wanted a dog in our family.

LaRae said...

We had a beagle when I was a kid. Her name was April Sunshine & she was a very naughty dog. I'm sure it's because my mom had too many little kids & not enough time to train April. Every time the door was opened the tiniest bit she would run away & we would have to chase her & get her back home. She was always in trouble!

Very cool that Gracie is related to doggie "royalty".

dawnae said...

I too remembered April Sunshine when I read your blog! Too cute. Poor April tho living with us....she had a rough life, we should have played with her more. She did go to live on a nice farm....at least that is what mom and dad told us.