Monday, July 28, 2008

Incomplete - I am in LOVE with this song

Do you ever buy a CD and one song just jumps into your soul and stays there as a reminder that there is something in your life that is going on and you didn't even know that this 'something' was there waiting for you to work out? Well, that is what this song by Alanis Morissette has done to me. I am in love with this song, but at the same time, I feel so strongly that I have some 'relationship-with-God-stuff to work out.' Often, I get in this place and often, I fight until I can not fight with my heart anymore - giving in and allowing myself to re-connect and not question. I am not a person who gives my whole self to the will of God easily. In fact, I fight and struggle with the idea of "God" and just want God to be with me without me having to do and give and struggle. Does anyone understand what I am saying here?

Anyway, I love the song - can not get enough of it - want to be a friend to friends who know how to be friends - and this desire for friendship includes God.

Be open. Listen.

3 comments:

Micalanne said...

Well, a few of my blogging friends have some type of video on their latest posts and I have to complain on all of them about my lame-o internet service and the inability I have to watch the videos! But, I believe you Janet that this is an amazing song.

Anonymous said...

Hey Janet, I love your new blog look.

Janet Patrice said...

thanks....were you finally able to hear / see the video? If not, is there a better way to post a video on blogger? hmmmm