Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas 2009

I love Christmas. I love to shop and find the right gift for family and friends. I really enjoy the gift opening and watching closely as the receive sees what I have carefully chosen just for them. And....I really enjoy torturing my children with the "most wanted" gift by sending them on a treasure hunt through the house to find this most wanted of gifts, but this is only after EVERYTHING is opened and I relish in their attempts to not seem disappointed and to show their gratitude for the clothes and other things they have received. I know, I know, mean, but oh, so fun. Here are a few pictures from this year's festivities.
Christmas Eve pajamas
Christmas Morning (6:32 am) checking out what Santa left on the fireplace for them. The insertion of the time is to show that even 'big kids' get up way too early on Christmas morning!
Opening a "clue" to their big gift
Finding a clue in the linen closet
Opening the X-Box they begged for .... after searching the house for 20 minutes and deciphering their father's clues.... FUN, FUN, FUN!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have Christmas Eve pajamas, too. I used to make matching jammies for us, but I was told not to do that anymore. Why do kids have to grow up and think their loving mother is weird? Oh well, now the colors just match. Close enough.

The treasure hunt sounds really fun. What a great idea! Zac got an X-Box, too, but not from Santa. He bought it himself, poor deprived young man. It's great when kids grow up and work.

BTW, do your kids just keep getting taller every day? And more handsome? How tall are they now?

dawnae said...

looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I sure hope I can get my pictures up since I can't find my camera! I hid it from Rose on Christmas....and now can't remember where I hid it! Oh my age is showing dementia is setting in already!