Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Happy 16th to my Sweetheart of a Son, Grant!

It is (7/18/07 at 8:36 am) my oldest son, Grant's, 16th birthday. He is spending his day riding a horse to a lake up in the Idaho mountains to fish. Part of me certainly does wish he were here to spend time with on his birthday, but I know when he returns we will celebrate and enjoy his birthday, even if it is belated.... Grant is my first born and the child that I knew would be mine even before I knew I was pregnant. The Spirit whispered to me that a special boy was coming to our family and I would truly learn to love from this baby. The Spirit was right. I so enjoy this boy and love that he is happy, giving, confident, kind and laughs easily - he has no guile and no meanness. He is all I was not at that age. He is just so very happy and he is well liked. He, like many teens, has a MySpace, but on the condition of his mom gets access and reads it daily, which I do. I am always so touched that he is positive and tries to help his friends through their struggles. I have read his words when he tells them he loves them - it is so amazing how much he really cares and loves others and loves life. He really is growing in to a beautiful spirit and an amazing young man. I love him and I am so pleased in his choices. I thought I would share a few photos and memories of my now 5' 10" boy with size 11.5 feet.....how did he get so big when he started out so small??
Grant - as my Pooh Baby....isn't he cute! up close cuteness! My favorite picture of him...he knows this is a major blackmail picture for when he brings a girl home to meet the folks!
Grant 1st grade and 9th grade

After seeing his first at the theatre movie - The Lion King

Grant wants to be an actor - here he practices at Universal Studios

Posing with his favorite band's star - Queen!!

Laguna Beach - 2007 - I love this pic as he looks so free

My favorite vacation pic of Grant - summer 2006 Dana Point dolphin watching

Grant doing what he does..

Grant - supposedly studying for a Japanese test at a friend's house. He calls this his "emo face" - he is so NOT emo!
Samurai Grant aka Kureno (his Japanese name that he gave himself) We are certainly hoping his 4 years of High School Japanese will send him to the best mission in the world...JAPAN!
Grant Evan Nordine - Happy Birthday...see you on Saturday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow! It must be killing you not to be with him on his big 16!!
I loved all those pictures of him, he was such a cute baby & little boy (major blackmail photo - I hope he found something down there), no wonder he's growing into such a handsome young man. The Jesus picture on your computer desk is the same one I had on my computer when my son was that age. Well, you are certainly a lucky mom, Janet - Happy 16th Birthday, Grant!!

LaRae said...

Happy 16th to Grant! 16 was such a magical age in my mind. I felt so grown up, but still a kid. It was great! I love all the pictures of Grant. It sounds like he is a great guy! Isn't it such a blessing to be a mom?!

dawnae said...

Cute Cute! It is truly amazing how they grow. 11 1/2!!! I was complaining about 3's the other day! He really sounds like a wonderful boy, (he must have wonderful prarents!) Love all the pictures.