Monday, August 27, 2007

Utah Shakespearian Festival

Boys in Cedar City Park - next to Hermies - home of the worlds best burger!
I have been meaning to post now for a few days (eh...a week) about the crazy week we are still recovering from, but because of the craziness...the blog had to wait. (see above post regarding craziness...Will Shakespeare deserved his own post!)
8/20/07 - Grant, Devin and I took off to Cedar City, Utah for the Shakespearian Festival - on Monday, we saw Twelth Night in the outdoor Adams Theatre. This is one of my most favorite summer activities. Long ago when I was about 10, my parents introduced me to Shakespeare in So. Utah, and I have been hooked ever since. It is fun to share this favoirte get away with my boys who enjoy it with me. Wayne had to work, so we had a mom and boys get away.

Grant remembering 12th Night
8/21/07 - saw a 2 pm showing of Lend Me a Tenor - which was exceptional and hysterical. This is a new version that the Festival wrote and hope to take to Boradway. We then saw an 8 pm showing of Candida by G.B. Shaw and it was so so - none of us really even enjoyed the play. This is also the day we met LaRae for lunch and chatting. (see previous post)
8/22/07 - saw Matchmaker at 2 pm - it was wonderful, as expected. This is the play that Hello Dolly! is based on...so it is a favorite of mine. Full belly laughter!
We headed home after this play .... we enjoyed our time in Cedar.
Here are a few pictures:

Nordine boy's Swordplay

Devin was chosen as part of the Greenshow - he was the "king of fools," talk about type casting!

"Best Donut Ever"

On the beautiful campus of Southern Utah University

5 comments:

Micalanne said...

Sounds like a lot of fun for you and the boys!

Have you ever heard of the Shakespearean Festival they have down here in San Bernardino every year? (I believe they've changed the location now) It was a major week-long event every year! Costumed people EVERYWHERE!

Anonymous said...

What a great get-away - especially for your theatrically inclined boys. I've never been to the festival in Cedar City . . . maybe next summer, then I can see LaRae H L. I haven't seen her since she was in nursing school at BYU (do I have that memory right?). You guys will have to go back, too, and we'll get Micalanne to join us.

I like the picture of you at the college - was that the location of the festival?

Your boys look so much like you. In "Crazy Week" post there's a picture of you and Grant where you could be twins.

Good-Looking family!

dawnae said...

mmmmm donuts....I have always wanted to go to the festival....some day! Glad you guys had fun. Why did LaRae move to Cedar, did her hubby get a new job??? What is she up to???

dawnae said...

okay never mind about the LaRae question, I just fully read the rest of the cedar post....geez me and my add...

LaRae said...

This sounds like a great time! Every year I say that Ii want to go to the Shakespearean Festival & every year we never go - and it's so close.

We like Hermies too! In fact, the last time we went to the cabin we stopped there for lunch & ran into my parents who had left a little ahead of us. We had no idea they were going to be there, but there they were. Just don't look too hard at your surroundings if you go inside to eat - especially the ground - it is totally disgusting!