Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Very Important Video

View this montage created at One True Media How I Found My Purpose (click on the picture to view this important video.) The video I posted above is important to me. The girl in the video, Jess, completed suicide 9 months ago because of the pain and torment of her rape. Her partner and friend made this video as a tribute and as a way for her to heal and to tell others that it is possible to heal as well. Suicide is not the answer. It is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I join with all the millions of survivors of sexual assault and all related atrocities and I recognize the pain, the anguish, the horror and the desire to not live another day. But I also say, healing is avialable for all who desire it. God will take your pain and heal your heart if you allow Him in. I stand and use my voice for those who have yet to find their own. Janet - survivor and thriver

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Janet for sharing yourself and this video with us. I love you.

Janet Patrice said...

Judy - thank you for always reading my blog and commenting. Sometimes, I wonder if this is fun or if it is for me to put myself and my thoughts out there for the "world" - It is both - but right now, I feel a lot of social responsibility and have a need to be less 'fun'....

I love you, too!

Anonymous said...

I know you feel a need for social responsibility, Janet. I know you have a passion for making a difference and helping others see they have the power necessary for positive change. I have those same needs which is why I do the work I do where I do it. Personally, I need a place to get away from all of that, and rarely comment on it on my blog (except recently) because I need somewhere to get away from all the issues I deal with on a daily basis in an impoverished (on every level) environment.

On the other hand, I always like reading your take on things because I agree with you in so many ways, and sometimes you see things in a different way that makes me rethink my own interpretations of life. You have expressed before your desire to use your blog for deeper discourse. I understand your desire to go deep. I will read whatever you use you blog for. If you feel the need to take your blog in another direction I support that, and I think it would be closer to your real self right now. Just follow your heart.

But you would still have to update us on and add pix of the boys. That's non-negotiable.