Saturday, July 11, 2009

The End and the Beginning

Grant's High School career came to a close with his Graduation on June 11, 2009. I have been wanting to do a post that shows all the things that happen at the end of a Senior year, but somehow, I have been in denial that my son is so grown up....But, I have faced this fact and it is time for a post to commemorate this rite of passage.
Senior Prom
Grant's date Michele flew in from Texas to go to prom with him
Grant looking pretty cool in his Vans and fedora and tux.
Grant as 1st runner up to the prom king and the court.
Last High School Play Grant played Dr. Samuelson in Harvey
Senior Awards Night
Grant was given the
"Hall of Fame Award for Outstanding Achievement in Drama"
My son, the actor....
We are so proud and thinking..."Maybe this acting thing will take care of us in our old age."
Seminary Graduation
With Grandpa and Devin
Proud Parents
** Mom's note - Grant has received several accolades in his high school career, but he also received 4 special awards in Seminary this year. They were for attendance, scripture reading, scripture mastery memorization, participation and citizenship. I am most pleased with these spiritual growth awards more than any other award he has received. He is a special young man with so much to offer.
Bonanza High School Graduation
Setting the stage for Devin's Graduation in 2012
"Oh What? Oh Nine!" (remember those high school chants?)
Rainbow Company Graduation
Theatre Kids...being Theatre Kids (Grant and his fellow senior Joey)
The Rainbow Company 2008-2009 group
Next up for Grant......Leaving for College August 25th
Where has the time gone? Just yesterday.....
I was celebrating my "Pooh Baby...." BIG SIGH......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww ... This is a wonderful tribute to a wonderful young man. I am looking forward to hearing all about his stage accomplishments at Dixie. What an exciting time for your family.

LaRae said...

I do wonder how the years slip through our fingers and our babies grow up and we are left to wonder what happened to the baby in the pooh bear sleeper. Not long ago I asked Dawnae, "when did it happen that we became our parents and our children become us?" It is an interesting phenomenon, for sure! Grant seems like a really great guy who will do many wonderful things in the future!

Judy Anne said...

Janet, the first one is the hardest...until you come to the last one. Oh yes, you are like me and only have a first and a last, well then, it doesn't get any easier. I hate/love that my boys don't need my constant help and mothering. Just take a deep breath and 'let it go!'

Judy Anne said...

Your first and your last are the most difficult...unless you are like me and two is all you have!!! I hate/love that my boys don't need me to mother them all the time. I will just give this advice...take a deep breath and then 'lettigo'