Tuesday, September 25, 2007

YAHOOO!!! My Blog was accepted!

Janet with Amy Grant at the Women of Faith Conference - Thomas and Mack Center - February 2005
I can't tell you how excited I am right now! A few weeks back I entered a contest for Amy Grant fans who have blogs to review her upcoming book, Mosaic.....and I my lil' ol' blog was chosen to be one of the "reviewers" blogs! What does this mean? Well, lemmie-tell-ya! I get a free, autographed copy of the book (pretty cool) and I will read it (well, of course) and then in October, I will post my review! And then....the publisher will direct traffic to my blog to read the review! Now, the most exciting part for me is getting the autographed copy of the book .... as you all know .... I do LOVE Amy Grant! So, get excited with me and get ready for a post about the book. I can't wait and I know everyone will be on pins and needles until I upload this post!
(OK, so I know many will think I am weird, but humor me and please just pretend to be excited)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! When will the book be released? Is this something we can read at the same time as you or are you getting an advanced copy?

Janet Patrice said...

Judy - www.amygrant.com has some excerpts from the book, but the book will actually be released Oct 15 - 19 (somewhere in there...) So, you can go to the web site and read exerpts or you can purchase the book when it comes out. I am getting an advanced copy. And, the excerpts are really nice - so "Amy" feeling - which means, warm, comfortable and familiar - at least to me.

Anonymous said...

OK, I will get the book when it comes out and read it, too. How exciting for you.

Micalanne said...

That is awesome Janet!!! Congratulations!

LaRae said...

How exciting, Janet! I think it's awesome that Amy Grant's team sees the power & potential in the blogs of everyday folks like you & I. I will anxiously await your review.