Saturday, March 10, 2007

LOVE

This is a picture of water that was frozen while being sent love...isn't it beautiful?

See the book - Hidden Messages in Water by Masaru Emoto http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Messages-Water-Masaru-Emoto/dp/1582701148 Love is the most important emotion. It encompasses all other emotions, or the opposite of those emotions. For example, Love and Anger are opposite, but you don't know what anger is unless you have experienced love - same goes for hate, and depression, and fear and all the other supposed 'bad' or 'unwanted' emotions. Love is the start of all else in life. It is what we feel for our mothers when we are in the womb, it is the thing we need to thrive as infants, and it is the one feeling we seek after most of our lives. We are able to give it in abundance and also we are able to take it away when we are in the place of anger. I marvel often at my ability to love my children unconditionally - even though they are now teenagers. Also, I marvel at how much my husband loves me unconditionally - even when I was in college algebra and hating every moment of homework. He would sit, patiently, and help me until I 'got it...' Now folks, that is true love. I marvel at my capacity to love him and how much I crave being near him, even if we are just both reading or watching TV. It is nice to be in love. I also marvel at how much I have learned to love human beings. We all have our own 'stuff' or 'baggage' that we carry around and as I work with families and with people in general, I truly do feel love for them. I believe this love is the love that Heavenly Father has for me, that I have accepted with gratitude and in turn, the love I share through my work with others. I do not get impatient with them, because I truly do love them for what they are --- children of God. And all this came about because I know God loves me and because I love myself..... It is pretty simple when you think about it. Who do you love?

No comments: