Saturday, March 31, 2007

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N!!!

We are leaving in the morning for a short Spring Break vacation. I am the last one up...finishing laundry, doing a few last minute things and basically enjoying the quiet of a sleeping home. Sometimes, it is just nice to have time alone and today I had none of that. I felt like no one was helping and then when I got in a "mood," I was the one who was asked, "what is your problem, mom...?" (teens are great and so honest) This comment made me even madder, but at the same time, reminded me to settle down and let go of my need to have help. I just got stuff done and when the boys saw what I was doing, they were quietly guilted in to doing what they knew they needed to do, too. I so do not like this part of my personality - the explode and sulk me. Not pretty and not fun to apologize later on. I wish I would just relax and be OK with life....and often I am, but not today. But, I am what I am and I work everyday to be better, just today, I fell short. BUT tomorrow - I will be on the beach and I will relax, exhale and enjoy my family.... I will post pictures and vacation stuff when I get home in a few days. SOUTHERN CALI...here we come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ew . . . quiet guilt - that's good! I wish I was on Spring Break this week so I could catch up with you in Hollywood while you're here. My break is next week. Maybe next time. Have fun!