Sunday, April 29, 2007

Happy Anniversary, baby....

Well, here we are, 17 years of marriage and we still enjoy the simple things in life....like...
Bar-B-Que ribs... Corn on the Cob... and Cool evenings together... Yep, we are simple, but it hasn't always been this way. We started out with nothing, but each other and a sure knowledge we were to be together, forever. Then we added a cat, a baby and another baby, and then later, 3 dogs...but the story is so much more than where we started and where we are now. The story is about commitment, and about supporting each other during those inevitable tough times. However, for me, I feel so blessed that Wayne has stuck with me, supported me and continued to love me during years of difficulty. We have been there for each other - plain and simple. He has stuck by me during depression, a trip to the mental hospital, secrets tumbling out, healing, lots of therapy, upheaval in work, college, grad school and so very much more. Together, we have endured miscarriages and hoped for more children, purchased a house we made in to a home and do our daily jobs so that we may provide for our family...and one nasty car accident with a palm tree. But through it all, we have made a life and we have built a future. We don't have many worldly things, and we don't want them, but we have what counts - each other and our children who are learning to love who they are and who have many opportunities to serve others. We have the gospel and we are working it out the best way we can. Through it all, we sing the same song to our God, enjoy the same quiet life that we always have and once in a while, take time to walk on the beach holding hands. One thing I know for sure, I am a blessed woman to have Wayne as my partner, my friend, my lover and my laughter sharer. He has held me in the best of times and in the worst of times - always reminding me he is here, he is not going anywhere and he still loves to wake up next to me in the morning. Really, at the end of any day, what more could anyone ask for? So, here is to our 17th wedding anniversary and looking forward to many more quiet nights at our favorite Bar-B-Que joint and a lovely walk through a hotel's vineyard....perfect in every way.

4 comments:

dawnae said...

Happy Anniversary guys! There is nothing in life to compare with love like yours, Nobody deserves better than you Janet.

Micalanne said...

Happy Anniversary! And may you have many more happy years to come!

Ms. Pederson said...

Happy Anniversary Janet & Wayne!! I loved this post, and I'm happy to know you're happy.

LaRae said...

Such beautiful words - what a writer you are! I love your post - happy anniversary. It is a blessing to have such a wonderful husband.