Monday, May 28, 2007

My First Born

I love my son, Grant. He is a lot of fun to hang out with and he actually enjoys hanging out with me, for which I am so happy about. Today, he came home from church and was tired. He had a 7:30 am meeting (he is Teacher's Quorum Pres.) and believe me, on a non-seminary day, he does NOT like to get up early...who can blame him. So, he came home and fell asleep on the couch...with an old oven mitt. Devin came in and said, "Mom, now I have seen it all. Grant is sleeping with a mitt." So, as the good blogging-mom that I am, I took a picture. I have no idea where he got the mitt from or why he is all snuggled up with it, but hey, he is enjoying his nap with the mitt...whatever makes him happy.

You can see the 'thumb' of the mit next to his arm.

He is handsome, even when he is sleeping!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!

dawnae said...

that is a great picture! Random oven mitt poses as Teddy Bear....news at 11:00. He he, too funny. Yes, he is a very handsome boy!

Micalanne said...

A very "cute" picture of a very handsome boy!

When you find out the story of the oven mitt, you've got to share it with us...I'm quite curious.

Unknown said...

Did you ever find out the story of the oven mitt? We have to know! Very funny!

LaRae said...

Janet - that last comment was from me - I didn't realize my daughter, Katie, was signed into blogger on the computer - I need to be more observant!

Janet Patrice said...

The Oven Mitt....

When I showed him the picture, Grant said, and this is a direct quote "why am I sleeping with a cooking glove?" He had no idea either .... actually, I think the whole thing went down like this: He loves a hot pop-tart dunked in milk, but he can't seem to carry the hot pop-tart when, well, it is hot...so I "think" he made the pop-tart, took it to the living room to eat it while sitting on the couch and then, after eating, he had the mitt and fell asleep. This is the best way I have come up with an explanation...it is plausable and probable.

Still, he does not even know the correct name for the thing he is napping with! THAT is the funniest part of the whole story!

LaRae said...

That really is a good story & great that you have the picture to prove it!