Saturday, May 19, 2007

The "Other" Children

Last Wednesday I took the day off from work to work on a school project that I had procrastinated and that was due on Thursday. This is not the best thing to do, but hey, I did and I sat at my computer in my pajamas most of the day getting the paper(s) written. I noticed halfway through the day that my dogs have daytime personalities that I don't see, obviously, as I am gone during the day, and they made me laugh! It was as if they were spending the day in their "doggie pajamas" with me. I no longer have to wonder what my 4 legged children do during the day or maybe they were doing this for my benefit since I was home and they really play my kid's Guitar Hero game on the PS2...who knows..... Here they are....I really do love my doggies...they make my life so much more fun and full of glee... My beautiful girl Gracie. She is camera shy and went to hide under the end table when she saw me taking pictures. But, prior to this, she was snoring and upside down on the couch. Gracie is my long waited for pure bread Beagle from Red Canyon Beagles in Utah... http://www.redcanyonbeagles.com they have beautiful dogs on a farm that I could retire on any time. Her registered name is "Red Canyon's Say Good nite Gracie.... " yep, I came up with that...no applause please. This is Grant's dog, Reggie...he is the instigator of all naughty dog behavior in our house, but he is just so dang cute, he gets away with a lot.. He is 2, so he is the teenager of the bunch. He and Grant have a funny relationship, as Reggie can tell time and reminds Grant that it is dinner time on the dot of 4 pm daily. I'll add another picture of him here so you can see his face - teeth and all. (he is a puggle...pug / beagle mix we rescued from the local pound...) We have a secret super-hero name for him, too "THE NOLD" (RegiNOLD) Grant named him after Reggie White, the late great Green Bay Packer defensive lineman...He answers to whatever you call him, as long as there is food, he is happy! Last, but certainly not least, Old Man Cody...he is the one who spends a lot of time upside down sleeping. He reminds us of a little old man and really does enjoy his blankets and the love seat in our family room. Cody was a dog that a boss at the hotel I worked at many years ago asked me to watch for her because he barked when she was gone...and he is still here 8 years later, and he never barks in the house, go figure. We love his quirky self...he is a Beagle too, but a different variation of coloring than Gracie. I hope this has been a fun post and that you have enjoyed a glimpse in to our amusing home life. I do love the pets in our family....they don't ask for much, just food, treats, a grassy place to play (and poop) and they offer their thanks with big brown, understanding eyes that remind me that being human is not quite as exciting as being a dog....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so envious. I can't have dogs where I live, but when I get my own place (soon - I'm working on it), then I'm getting a dog. I've always wanted Zac to grow up with a dog - he loves them. In fact, he loves all animals, and if this mother had her way, Zac would be a vet.

You have really cute dogs, and I can see why you love them so much. How funny that they have daytime personalities.

dawnae said...

You can tell Reggie is the little instigator just by looking at him!!! Cute! I wish I could have a cat or dog....Allen is allergic...terribly allergic. However, I bet if Belle asked we just might get one....hmmm